Wave Academy is seeking a Marketing and Outreach Coordinator. Wave Academy’s mission is to help active duty military and veterans heal from post-traumatic stress through an individualized program of aquatic therapy.
The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator will work with the Executive Director to promote our mission, program and events. The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator will assist with marketing to a variety of audiences and partners, with about 50 percent of their time doing outreach off-site and 50 percent assisting with in-house communications, logistics and planning. The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator will also be responsible for helping to make our events a success, through sponsorship cultivation and publicity.
- Builds relationships community organizations to bring potential clients and partners to Wave Academy;
- Maintains a calendar of outreach activities, including community events; workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities;
- Schedule regular outreach presentations in the community;
- Build an Advocacy Network of alumni clients who can assist with outreach and presentations;
- Assist with special events, including donor appreciation events, our Open House, our Waves for the Brave 5K and our Waves of Support Dinner;
- Assist with maintenance of website, including updating content and performing regular quality assurance;
- Assist with social media presence and create calendar of posts;
- Write content for our newsletters, emails, annual report and donor relations;
- Develop an integrated marketing plan;
- Manage media relations and content generation, such as press releases and video;
- Support the Executive Director with annual fundraisers by soliciting sponsorships, donations, coordinating venues, and managing event day execution with volunteers.
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related fields.
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years within non-profit fundraising or outreach activities.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Graphic design skills.
- Interest in serving veterans, behavioral health and wellness a plus.
The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator reports to the Executive Director. Position is 24-30 hours per week. Occasional evenings and weekends required. Salary DOQ. Office is located in Mission Valley. To apply: submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.