Wave Academy is seeking an Administrative Manager. Wave Academy’s mission is to help active duty military and veterans heal from post-traumatic stress through an individualized program of aquatic therapy.
The Administrative Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office and providing database, grant, event, program and communications support. The Administrative Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director to ensure the needs of the office and our clients are met and fulfill the mission of Wave Academy.
- The Administrative Manager will assist the Executive Director with maintaining the overall functions and flow of the office. Administrative duties include: answering phones, processing mail, receiving and documenting donations, scheduling appointments, creating letters, coordinating with clients and practitioners, as well as maintaining physical and electronic files;
- Grants management includes: maintain information in grants, provide support on grant applications, and comple data for grant outcomes and reporting;
- Program support includes: assisting with program processes and planning, client scheduling and communications with both clients and practitioners; manage participant data and client information in spreadsheets and database; analyze client database trends; manage collection of invoices and reporting notes and attend Practitioner Roundtable meetings.
- Assist with donor stewardship and management, including: communications, donor tracking and donor database;
- Assist with event logistics (Open House, 5K and Support Dinner) with preparation and execution;
- Prepare board packets, reports, and assist with meetings;
- Communications assistance with newsletters and social media;
- Help recruit volunteers, speakers, and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Three to five years’ experience in administrative support. Nonprofit experience and/or experience in philanthropy a plus.
- Interest in behavioral health, wellness and serving our veteran commuinty.
- Proven attention to detail, high level of organization, and ability to meet deadlines;
- The ability to move fluidly between projects and understand how to prioritize in order to adapt to mutliple priorities;
- Demonstrated initiative and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner;
- Ability to work as a team and work independently in a collaborative, often fast-paced environment;
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong information technology skills, including proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite and donor database programs;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters;
- Demonstrated commitment to our values and mission.
The Administrative Manager reports to the Executive Director. Position is full time with health benefits. Occasional evenings and weekends required. Salary $43K – $48K DOQ. Office is located in Mission Valley. To apply: submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.